Tuesday 9 October 2012

Plan of Action

So I’m a few days into week 4 of the USN Body and Lifestyle Challenge. I know I keep saying this but seriously, I can’t believe how fast it’s going!! I have already been thinking about how I want to continue after the 12 weeks (more of that in a later post) 

Right now I have set goals for this 12 weeks and they are my focus and will build me a great base for what I want to progress to.

Sunday was my progress measurement day – I got up feeling apprehensive about it because I want to grow each week and see big changes. This is probably unrealistic, particularly when it comes to building muscle mass – it’s hard going and requires A LOT of calories (all clean too).

Although my strength has gone up in my training sessions, I didn’t manage to put on any size this week. I was very disheartened as I had put all my effort into training hard, preparing all my food every day, getting plenty of sleep at night (my bedtime is getting earlier!! Granny right here) and getting up early at the weekend to make sure I fit all my meals in. I was not in a happy mood :(

BUT; rather than dwelling on how badly I thought I had done for not gaining, I came up with a plan of action!! I have learnt from last week and can look back and see where I may have gone wrong – I am still very new to this gaining and leaning process and have a lot to learn, all of these little glitches teach me valuable lessons.


So here's my plan of action:

After analysing my food intake from the previous week (all documented on myfitnesspal)

·         I have added 200 extra calories per day
·         I have adjusted my macronutrients and will be getting more calories from carbs (~350g per day)
·         I have purchased some Muscle Fuel STS to help get the carbs I require post w/o and will also include a banana with this for an added carb hit.
·         I have increased my protein intake slightly to ensure I am getting 2g per lb bodyweight.

Hopefully these changes will be the shift I need to pack on a little more muscle, and see my measurements increase as they did in week 1 and 2.

One thing is for sure, I’m certainly not giving up. I’m going to work harder – If that’s even possible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment