Monday 26 November 2012

The Pressure is ON!!!

Hey :)

Can you believe it's week 11 of the USN challenge?!! I can't - only 2 weeks to go and I'm starting to feel the pressure.

It's all pressure I put on myself, to do my absolute best, but if I didn't put this pressure on I wouldn't be who or where I am today - It's that passion and dedication to succeed at this that has kept me working hard for the past 10 weeks.

I won't skirt around the fact that the last 10 weeks has been one hell of a journey, and after the last 2 weeks I am pretty tired.
This weekend has probably been the hardest one so far - the cold, rainy weather doesn't help when you are starting to crave things you wouldn't normally crave due to reducing carbs and calories, whilst bumping up training; and living with a family who decides Indian Takeaways and Sunday Roasts are on the menu for them. Normally this wouldn't phase me, and I would happily continue to eat my own clean meals but boy was I nearly ready to crack!!

BUT...I didn't. When I wanted to sleep all day Saturday, I got up, got straight into my gym gear and had a beast of a session. When I wanted to cram every carb I could into my belly on Sunday, I stuck to the plan, had plenty of vegetables and got comfort from Green Tea.

I am NOT going to let anything derail the progress I have been making - my measurements this week again were stellar and I am really happy with how things are looking, and that is all the motivation I need to dig deep and keep going. These choices are mine, and that makes the journey even more rewarding. Knowing I have put in 100% at every stage makes me proud, and also makes me a stronger person.

Everybody has tired days, hard days, days where they want to eat for England, days where they would rather stay in bed....but getting through these hard days is what makes you successful.

Hard days are the best because that's when champions are made. -Gabby Douglas
 
Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't. -Jerry Rice  
 
So...I can only imagine the next 2 weeks are going to get that bit harder, I'm probably going to get that bit more tired, and I'm going to get through it and work that little bit harder everyday. Why? Because I want to be the best that I can be, and that isn't going to happen if I take the pressure off now!
 
2 weeks will fly by just like the first 10 weeks has and I want to live every minute of it - I will be experimenting this week with different nutrition strategies to get me looking in top shape for my final photo and will continue training as I have been doing for the last 2 weeks (fasted a.m cardio and p.m weights on weekdays, Saturday full body circuit, Sunday rest).
 
Bring it on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment