Monday 10 December 2012

Chocolate Hazelnut Butter

Happy Monday Peeps :)

It felt so strange this morning waking up and not having the USN challenge to crack on with - I felt a little bit lost.

I haven't really had much spare time to reflect back on the challenge yet, but want to say a massive thank you to everyone who has supported me over the last 12 weeks. It has made the whole process even more enjoyable, and I have grown so much as a person from it - thanks guys :)

So...
I am going to share with you today a new recipe!! I hope you give it a try, it actually tastes like Nutella. I will warn you that you will need willpower to not eat the whole batch straight away- I had to take my dogs out for a walk to take my mind off the little jar in the cupboard.

Chocolate Hazelnut Butter

200g Hazelnuts
3 Tbl spn Cocoa Powder (Green & Blacks Organic dark)
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1 Tsp 100% Pure Maple Syrup
1/2 - 1 Tsp Coconut Oil (melted)
  • Preheat oven (200c)
  • Lay Hazelnuts on a baking sheet on a tray and toast in oven for approx 10 mins
  • Once cooled remove most of the skins (I left some on because I got impatient)
  • Place Hazelnuts in Magimix or food processor and blitz until smooth (this took about 7 minutes. Have faith that it will eventually turn creamy)
  • Once the Hazelnut butter is made, add the cocoa powder, vanilla essence and maple syrup and blend again (keep scraping the mixture from the side of the bowl, don't worry if it turns into a ball just keep mixing)
  • After about 1 minute add the melted coconut oil, blitz again and wait for your Nutella to turn creamy and glossy.
At this point you may want to taste it to check for sweetness. I prefer it to be more of a bitter chocolate taste so you may want to add more vanilla, maple syrup or even a sweetener such as Xylitol if you have a really sweet tooth.

And there you have healthy Nutella!! If you have any willpower it should last for about 2 weeks in the fridge.

I would say you could get around 15 reasonable servings out of this with each serving containing:
101 cals, 1g sugar, 9g healthy fats and 2g protein

 
Let me know what you think if you decide to give it a try - I am currently planning a few other flavour variations so keep an eye out!

No comments:

Post a Comment