Can't believe how fast this week has gone. I have to say I have loved every minute of it :).
The challenge has really made me step up to the plate - I always push myself hard in training but it has now gone off the chain!! It's great to get even more support from the USN team and all their Athletes/Ambassadors, I feel like I have a growing network of motivational people and that's amazing so a big THANK YOU!!!
And when I thought it couldn't get any better, my nutrition has also been spot on for the whole 2 weeks. I have stayed consistent with fuelling my body with what it requires (quite alot :)) and I know this is allowing my body to recover and get to work building me some muscles ready for the next session. I am even embracing all these carbs I need to support muscle growth, something I have struggled with for a long time.
So, seeing as though I love to cook up some clean and tasty food I thought I'd share with you my fave Sunday breakfast. Here I present you with - Pistachio Protein Pancakes!!!
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Scoop Pistachio IGF-1 (can use any flavour - they all taste amazing)
- 1 Sachet Quaker Oats/30g Ground Oats
- Fluid to mix to a thickish batter consistency (I like coconut milk)
All you need to do is:
- Whisk the ingredients in a bowl,
- Pre heat a non-stick pan on low/medium,
- Spoon the pancake mix into the pan (I use a tablespoon, sometimes 2 per pancake depending if you want lots of small ones or a few bigger ones)
- Wait for a few bubbles to appear on the surface of the pancake
- Flip and cook on the other side for about 30 seconds
- Remove from pan and place on kitchen towel while you cook the rest of the batch
(if you use 100% whey protein they can be a bit dry and rubbery)
You can even adapt the recipe to suit your Macronutrient requirements - I have made them with 2 egg whites, more oats, less oats etc. As long as the batter is quite thick they seem to work every time.
I like to top mine with Greek Yog, Almond Butter and Berries but the possibilities are endless - just top them with what you love to eat!!
Hope you try them out and let me know what you think - I can't take any praise for the taste though, that's down to the deliciousness of the IGF-1 (USN are spoiling us)
Enjoy the rest of your week and have a great weekend - Keep on track - It's all about results!